Florida is known for its oranges, but NJ is famous for its tomatoes. I don’t share many recipes here on the blog, because I’d much rather be DIY’ing that cooking. However, occasionally I have a recipe that is so good I feel compelled to share it and this tomato salad is one of them. It’s delicious, healthy and best of all it’s quick and easy to make.
The mix of seasonings and the red bell pepper give it a little extra flavor. To make it a meal you could serve it with grilled chicken or steak.
I used sea salt and black pepper grinders for my seasoning. Adding a bit of oregano to the seasoning would be an additional flavor that would work well in this salad. I love oregano.
Top with fresh parsley for garnish. You can make this in under 20 minutes. Sometimes on the weekends I will pick up a rotisserie chicken at the grocery store and cut it up to use during the week over salad. We will also sometimes grill extra chicken or steak on the weekend for the same purpose. This is one of my family’s favorites, second only to my bacon and asparagus pasta!
Tomato Salad With Cucumber Dressing
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cucumber peeled and diced
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 large tomato diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper diced
- 1 medium red onion diced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tbsp oregano
- For the dressing, combine vinegar, oil, cucumber and sugar in a medium bowl. Whisk until blended, set aside.
- Combine tomato, red pepper, and onion with dressing, toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper and oregano to taste. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.