You guys, this is one of my family’s favorite recipes! This crockpot macaroni and cheese is perfect to get you through these rest of these winter months. Though I do make it year-round. I often make this for parties as well, because it makes enough to feed a crowd. It’s a great dish to make on a Sunday, so you’ll have leftovers for easy weeknight meals.
It takes a little work in the beginning, but I make this so often that I have the prep time down to about 20 minutes.
I almost always make this cornbread recipe to go along with the crockpot macaroni and cheese, it’s a perfect combination. Both of these recipes get rave reviews every single time.
To save time when preparing this recipe, I’ll melt the cheese and the butter (see recipe below) in a saucepan while the pasta boils. By the time the pasta is done, I have everything in the crockpot ready to go.
Once I have all the ingredients in the slow cooker, I usually top it with an extra layer of shredded cheese. Can you ever have too much cheese?
You could also top this dish with crumbled bacon, scallions or just about anything you can think of. For those of you who like seafood, you could toss some shrimp into the mix. I prefer it simple and classic. Sometimes I’ll add fresh parsley and other times I’ll just top it with bread crumbs.
Whichever way you prefer yours, this recipe is one I believe you’ll put into regular rotation.
If you’re hosting a large crowd, you can easily double this recipe as well. I’ve made this for my girl’s graduation parties as well as several other events. It’s a good dish to have around for the little ones too.
Isn’t macaroni and cheese the best of the comfort foods? Enjoy!
Crock Pot Macaroni and Cheese
- 2 Cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 4 Tablespoons butter cut up
- 2 1/2 Cups finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1/2 Cup sour cream
- 1-10 3/4 Can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Cup milk
- 1/2 Teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 Teaspoon black pepper
- Boil the macaroni in a large pot until tender. Drain.
- In a medium saucepan, mix butter and cheese. Stir until the cheese melts.
- In a slow cooker, combine cheese/butter mixture and add the eggs, sour cream, soup, salt, milk, mustard and pepper and stir well. Then add drained macaroni and stir again. Set the slow cooker on low setting and cook for 3 hours.
Pin It For Later: