Hello, I hope everyone had a great Memorial Day weekend! Summer is finally here, unofficially anyway. Today it’s time for our monthly ingredient challenge! This is the one post each month where I take a break from design and share a recipe. If you missed last month, you can catch up here. This month’s chosen ingredient is lemons, perfect for the start of summer!
Because I’ll pick baking over cooking most days, I decided to make a dessert. This lemon cheesecake is a little lighter than the cheesecakes I make around the holidays. The lemon gives it just the right amount of citrus flavor, not too overwhelming.
It’s seriously delicious! Be sure to click below and see what the other ladies made!
- 2 1/2 cups gingersnaps crushed
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 3 pkgs 8 oz each cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lemon peel grated
- In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter, mix well. Press onto the bottom and 2 inches up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs, beat on low until just combined. Add lemon juice and vanilla, beat until just blended. Pour into crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on wire rack of 10 mins. Run a knife around the edge of pan to loosen. Let cool for another hour.
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in water until smooth, bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cook and stir over meduim heat for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat.