Happy Friday! A good friend of mine recently commented on my Facebook page that she needed some Easter decorating ideas for her home and porch. Easter is early this year, so I’m leaning more towards Spring decorations in general so that it can last a few months. Then she can add a touch of Easter decor in there. My friend and i are both thrifty decorators, so I was thinking of Spring decor that won’t break the bank. Terra cotta pots came to mind. So today’s Five for Friday is all about creative ways to decorate with terra-cotta pots for Spring.
1. This Spring Mantel from Cottage in the Oaks is really great! If you don’t have a mantle, you can do something similar on a shelf or a sideboard.
2. Another cute idea is to give your terra-cotta a beachy look. I know my friend will love this one, and it will last from Spring right through Summer. This is a great way to get a little nautical in without going over the top.
3. This is a DIY I want to try. I’d love to see these stacked terra-cotta pots with house number on my friend’s front porch. Add a few Spring flowers now that can be swapped out for summer flowers in a month or two.
4. Use mini pots for a terra-cotta wreath. Add Gerbera Daisies in between for a pop of color.
5. If you don’t have much outdoor space you can try hanging terra-cotta pots. Going vertical is a design trick for small spaces that works outdoors as well.
Of course you can add a pop of Easter decor in there. Maybe a basket of eggs or some bunny picks in the flower pots. An Easter banner across the front door would be adorable too. These can easily be removed once Easter has passed. Which one is your favorite?